Monday 9 April 2012

 

Various Inuit experiments.
Top: Lino cuts. The first image shows my amazing plan of sticking paper cutouts to the lino so that I knew where to cut. This didn't work very well.
The second image shows my first attempt at a lino cut for the Uryuli piece. After spending hours on it, I printed it only to find that... I hadn't flipped the image.  Since I was planning on it being a concertina book, it was somewhat important that the figure be going in the other direction. I decided not to continue with the lino cuts as they had taken SO long, and I was afraid they might not be very clear with what was going on. I did, however, like the texture where I had done the fur trim of the coat.

Large image: A small figure made out of Super Sculpey based on Inuit sculpture. I love this little guy!