Saturday 14 January 2012

Stitches and Glue

These plushies are AMAZING and I want to own each and every one.
http://monsterworkshop.co.uk/






In this project I know I want to create some 3 dimensional pieces as well as 2D illustrations. I would love to build up my skills in plushie-making. The people at Stitches and Glue are one of my favourite inspirations. The challenge in my project will be creating plushies in which my style of illustration can still shine through. These monsters have plastic pieces for their faces, which allows a high level of customisation. Though I don't have the resources to mould plastic, I do have a lot of polymer clay that I'm sure could be used to a similar effect. Another option would be adding felt details, or both. A third option would be to print an illustraion onto fabric. I have bought some materials previously from craftycomputerpaper.co.uk

The options there would be to either buy some fabric that can go through a printer (I already have some) or buy some iron-on transfer paper to transfer to another fabric. Both options would work well.